The Registry Mission Statement
To promote excellence in the care and education of children by:
- Recognizing and celebrating professional achievements
- Promoting and supporting personal growth
- Designing and aligning career pathways
The Registry Vision
Recognizing Excellence | Advancing Careers
The Registry, Wisconsin's Recognition System for the Childhood Care and Education Profession, acknowledges and highlights the training, experience and professionalism that are vital to quality care.
The Registry System
- Verifies that individuals meet or exceed entry level and on-going training requirements of the licensing administrative code established by The Department of Children & Families.
- Records educational and professional contributions that surpass basic requirements.
- Determines placement on The Registry Career Levels based on the individual’s education and training.
- Defines the regulated care positions an individual is qualified to hold based on the requirements outlined by The Department of Children & Families which have been met.
- Analyzes training based on core knowledge areas referred to by The National Association of Young Children (NAEYC).
- Awards a certificate in recognition of an individual’s professional contributions and achievements.